Lord of Plagues - Build


The Lord of Plagues miniature have been on my to-do list for quite a while now. As this is my first single model that I've worked on, I wanted to do something special. So I decided to come up with some bullet points to help me theme this guy.
This fellow was once part of a pirate crew. However a disease was spread on the ship and would leave it's crew in a very.. peculiar state. This changed the crew to say the least but it was still fully functional and would go on with it's usual business. We meet our survivor on the seashore, perhaps about to raid another village.
So my plan is basically to make a sea-themed miniature where I can explore with water effects and modifications to the model.


To create some extra dept to the base I cut off the top part and glued it to the bottom, creating sort of a inverted base. This was a bigger task then I first anticipated as the base was very hard to cut through and it required quite a lot of sanding and filing to get the rim smooth again.
Efter gluing the flat top back to the rim I filled up the gaps using greenstuff, and added some additional material where I wanted to place rocks later.


So rocks... Since I was planning to use resin for the water and I had some rock moulds lying around from the "Fallen Statue project", i decided to make my own rocks. This is probably the most expensive way to make rocks, but it would give me a good test run with the resin so that I would have better understanding of how it works once It's time to make the water effects.


Next step was to glue on the rocks to the base, and fill up gaps with greenstuff. I also had to add some flat areas for the mini to stand on. this did take some time, but once done... totally worth it.
Note that green stuff is very sticky stuff and it will hang on to anything that comes in contact with it. This can make it very tricky to sculpt with. But if you dip your tool into water, it will prevent the epoxy to stick to it.


The final step for the base was to file down the rocks to be flush with the rim of the base. I then added some fine sand and glued on a couple of skulls. Cause lets be honest... you cant have a base without skulls.


As for Lord of Plagues himself, I find the sculpt very appealing as it is and so I didn't want to change it up too much. But to tie him to the sea-theme of the build I added a starfish to his helmet and his leg, again using greenstuff.


Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Stormcasts Eternals - Stormsire's Cursebreakers - Green & White

Pirate Nurgle - Lord of Plagues

Putrid Blightkings - Build - Part 3