Stormcasts Eternals - Stormsire's Cursebreakers - Green & White


So I finally got around to finnish up my Stormcasts Eternals warband- Stormsire's Cursebreakers. This is the second wardband that comes with the Warhammer Underworld – Nightvault box.

Im going to be perfectly honest with you guys, stepping into this I didnt really care much for stormcasts at all. Even though the story about how sigmar created these worriors have some interesting elements, essentially their still just dudes in golden armor. So in order to not get bored at them before I even began I knew I had to at least change up the color scheme a bit.

My first instinct was to swap out the gold for steel, but although I really like to bring out details with metal colors, painting with them is kinda messy. So instead I ended up white, green and red as my primary colors and metal for weaponds and details on the armor.

In the end Im actually very happy with the result. I do think that I could have pushed the highlights a lot more. The green for example looks good when you have the mini in your hand but it does not pop at all on camera. I also got a bit hasty to finnish these guys up and I totally forgot to highlight some areas but hey.. thats okey. I still cant wait to play my first game of warhammer underworld with my two completed warbands.




Primer

  • Citadel Mechanicus Standard Grey

Bases

Stone
  • Vallejo Game Sombre grey - Base coat
  • Citadel Stonewall Grey - Drybrush
  • Citadel Nuln oil - Only on the bigger rocks
  • Citadel Agrax Earthshade - Only on the gravel
  • Vallejo Game Stonewall Grey - Drybrush
  • Vallejo Game Stonewall Grey & Ghost Grey 1:1 - Very light dry brush over the areas that was painted with Nuln oil, trying to mostly getting it on the edges.
  • Citadel Agrax Earthshade - At this point I felt that the gravel didn't contrast enough against the bigger rocks so I gave it another coat of Agrax.

Leaf
  • Vallejo Game Yellow Olive - Base coat
  • Vallejo Game Dead Flesh - Used this color to layer on some highlights, focusing on the edges and leaving Yellow Olive where the leaf stem would be.
  • Vallejo Game Sun Yellow - Glazing over the leaf to increase the color. This paint is so thin that you don't have to worry too much about loosing any details.

Moss
For the moss I used a dry brush, but instead of flicking the brush back and forth, I used a stipple technique to create small random dots.
  • Vallejo Game Camouflage Green
  • Vallejo Game Yellow Olive
  • Vallejo Game Sun Yellow

Skull
  • Citadel Zandri Dust - Base coat
  • Citadel Agrax Earthshade - Full shade
  • Citadel Ushabti Bone - Layer/Glazing up highlights
  • Citadel Screaming Skull - Only for small highlights like around the eyes etc.

Characters

Green Cloth
Note that after the shade is applied, I go back and forth between the written mixes and use a variety of wet-blending, layering and glazing to achieve a blend.
  • Vallejo Game Scurvy Green & Cold Grey 1:1 - Base coat
  • Citadel Nuln oil - Full shade all over the cloth
  • Citadel Abaddon Black - To clean up the patchy result of the Nuln oil I mixed some Abaddon black into our green mix. this wont give the exact same hue as the Nuln oil. So if the difference appear to big on a area I just repaint the shadows. After all The Nuln oil is just there to give us a head start on the shading.
  • Vallejo Game Bone white - To highlight the green I gradually mixed in more and more bone white.

White armor
  • Citadel Celestra Grey - Base coat
  • Vallejo Game Ghost Grey - Leyer/glazing to create highlights. Being careful to leave the Celestra Grey in the shadowed areas.
  • Citadel Seraphim Sepia - Only putting this in the recesses

Red Hair
  • Citadel Khorne Red - Base coat
  • Citadel Druchii Violet - Full shade
  • Citadel Nuln Oil - covering about 75%, then less and less. Ended up putting on 3 coats of shade.
  • Citadel Wazdakka Red - Light drybrush

Red Leather
  • Citadel Khorne Red - Base coat
  • Citadel Nuln Oil - Full shade
  • Citadel Wazdakka Red - Edge Highlight

Black leather
  • Citadel Abaddon Black - Base coat
  • Vallejo Game Cold Grey - I gradually mix this into the Abadon Black to create both softer highlights and finally about a 1:1 mix for the edge highlight.

Steel
  • Citadel Leadbelcher - Base coat
  • Citadel Agrax Earthshade - Full shade
  • Citadel Agrax Earthshade - Stormhost Silver

Bass
  • Vallejo Game Brassy Brass - Base coat
  • Citadel Agrax Earthshade - Full shade
  • Citadel Agrax Earthshade - Stormhost Silver

Face
  • Citadel Bugmans Glow - Base coat
  • Citadel Kislev Flesh - Layer
  • Citadel Flayed one Flesh - Final Highlight
  • Vallejo Game Ghost Grey - Eyeballs
  • Citadel Eshing Grey - Pupils

Crystals
  • Citadel Abaddon Black - Base coat
  • Citadel Khorne Red - Layer
  • Citadel Wazdakka Red - Edge Highlight
  • Vallejo Game Bloody Red - Final highlight, only applying this to the end of all edges

Fire

The Fire was done by doing a transition with the colors listed below. The Electric and Magic Blue turned out a bit too vibrant so if I was to redo this I would probably have greyed them out a bit.
  • Citadel White Scar - Base coat
  • Vallejo Game Electric Blue - Layer/glazing
  • Vallejo Game Magic Blue - Layer/glazing
  • Vallejo Game Night Blue - Layer/glazing

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Pirate Nurgle - Lord of Plagues

Putrid Blightkings - Build - Part 3